Friday, August 14, 2009

My Berberian Purchase




And so, I bought a painting. Ah - not just any painting, but A Painting by Ovanes Berberian. It is glorious and huge and intense and my pride and joy - my heart tightens just thinking of it. It is hanging in my entry. All by itself, well, across from the Chihuly, and now I will find a color to paint the wall behind it and I will tint the front door glass as there is too much glare on it in the daylight and the lights above it get turned on every evening until I go to bed. I can see it from my bathroom as I brush my teeth and wash my face, which, as everyone knows takes forever.

The painting is so great I forget the painter, who, amazingly enough, personally delivers the painting to my house just at sunset - what better time - and wanders through and around my house exclaiming about the beauty of it all. Now there is a bit of competition...

No comments:

Post a Comment