Friday, August 28, 2009

You & I Framing




SO - it's done, no more painting for a reason. I had a deadline - August 20 - to finish what I had been painting and take it to You & I Framing to get framed. I finished 3 paintings, which is fine - I had hoped for 3-4 new ones. I actually have a 'show', man, if you can call it that, at this gallery in little downtown Kennewick. I've never had a 'show' before so this is definitely the place to start. Here I go, naked in the world, for all to see, ack. Sometimes I am really happy with a painting once I finish it and sometimes I can even look at a painting for a couple months and like it still but gee whiz, when I compare myself to some others I see? I should stick to collecting.

I will, however, keep doing this - if only to torture myself, or maybe to keep a dream alive that maybe, some day, I will create something that is so, so beautiful that it would never be considered anything else. For me, that is the test - it's really got to be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment